Friday, January 04, 2008

200 in the Ocho

January 2, 2008

1. Burrito Gallery (Diet and Jack; 7&7; Soco and Lime: $12) 8:00pm-10:00pm
2. Twisted Martini (Complimentary Art Walk Gatortini: $0) 11:00pm-12:00am

Well tonight is Art Walk, which is Jacksonville's silly excuse to get people drunk downtown besides the bums. It is also the first Art Walk in which I have been to the city where I haven't had to work the next day, so I am pumped. But it is cold, real cold for Jacksonville, where people dress like they are about to traverse everest when it hits 35 degrees. So no one is out. But I don' t care.

Well after walking around trying to scam all these free drinks that I have been hearing about, I demanded to go somewhere where I can use money to imbibe. I have always wanted to stop at this place called Burrito Gallery. But my friends in all their homophobia thought it was a gay bar, it's not. Then we strolled down to Twisted to redeem our rightfully earned free drink. The Twisted general counsel obviously hadn't yet heard of the 14th amendment and only offer guys a dismal choice of free drinks, while girls can have anything they please. Well I had my Gatortini. A little less Gator and a little more tini and maybe I would've stayed. But I was tired and went home. 198 to go.

January 12, 2008

3. The Pearl (1 Redbull and Vodka; 3 Jack and Diets $25)


Went here with Jim and TJ. Had Jim's cab driver take us up there. It was a little slow, and being a strange bar there was a strange crowd. But Jim and TJ swear by it.
Seeing that the Jags were in the playoffs tonight, everyone is down at the landing. TJ hit on some weird drunk girl who dropped her drink. That is about the most interesting thing that happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home